Onn Roku TV is a popular product among all the American people. This brand provides the best products to customers on a budget. People of all stages can afford Onn TV cause Onn TV brand is providing the television in different sizes and different models.
Onn Roku TV Remote Not Working:
Onn Roku TV is a product of this company which normally delivers a long-lasting service. But sometimes you may experience some issues of using Onn Roku TV. You may have some issue with the remote of your Onn Roku TV.
If you find out that Onn Roku TV remote is not working then you will be able to fix that problem by yourself. In case if you are facing this problem then you just need to take some steps properly. Jere are some tips to solve this type of problem.
How To Fix Onn Roku TV Remote Not Working:
You can reset your Roku enhanced remote if it’s not working by accessing the remote’s reset button. If your Roku remote is the standard infrared version, just replace the batteries. You can also reset your Roku device or try using an HDMI extender or virtual remote.
- Disconnect the TV from the power outlet completely.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- During this time, press and hold the TV’s power button for about 20 seconds.
- Once done, power the TV back on and test the result.
If the batteries of the remote run out [Change Your Batteries]
The primary reason for this type of problem can be expired batteries. Cause if the batteries of your Onn TV remote are dead then your remote will not work.
In this case, you can easily solve the problem. You just have to follow the proper steps.
First of all, you need to open the battery cover from the back of the remote. Then put off the old batteries carefully.
Buy two new batteries from the store and put those on the report. Make sure that you have set the batteries in the right order.
Then try to turn on your Onn Roku TV with the remote. If the remote works properly then the batteries of your remote are dead.
Recync the remote with Onn Roku TV:
If you have changed the batteries of your remote but still the remote is not working then it may happen that your TV is not paired with the TV anymore. In that case, you need to pair the remote with the TV again. Now follow the steps below –
- Connect the power supply and turn on your Onn Roku TV.
- You need to point the remote at the Onn Roku TV.
- Then you need to press the ‘OK’ button which you will find at the middle of your remote.
- When the remote is paired again then you will see a notification on your TV screen.
Pair or Reset a Simple Roku Remote:
- Remove the back cover from your Roku remote.
- Find the pairing button, underneath the batteries.
- Bring the remote as close as you can to your Roku device.
- Hold down the pairing button for 3 seconds.
That’s really all there is to it. If the pairing screen doesn’t pop up, try the following steps.
- Remove the batteries from your Roku remote, then reinsert them
- Reboot the Roku device (most don’t have physical buttons, so unplug and re-plug the its power supply.)
- Hold your Roku remote near your Roku.
- Hold down the pairing button while the device starts up.
Clean the IR receiver of your Onn Roku TV:
If the IR receiver of your Onn Roku TV is blocked with dust then the remote may not work. In that case you just need to clean the IR receiver of your TV. In this case you need to mark the IR receiver of your TV.
Then clean the IR receiver with some cleaning tools. If the IR receiver is blocked from the inside then you may need to open the front cover of your TV and then clean the from of the receiver.
See If Any Buttons Are Jammed:
If your ONN Roku TV remote buttons are not working, and you’ve already confirmed that the batteries are okay, try to force press continusly all button of your Roku Remote.
The volume button will stop working as this is of the most used buttons and is therefore most susceptible to getting dirt in the button.
ONN Roku TV Remote Restart:
If some buttons are working, then Follow these ONN Roku TV button combination:
- Home – press 5 times;
- Up Arrow – press once;
- Rewind – press 2 times;
- Fast Forward – press 2 times.
You can also run a system restart from the menu.
To restart a ONN Roku TV:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Then Settings.
- And System.
- Then Power.
- System restart.
- And click Restart.
If the Onn Roku TV remote is out of order:
Sometimes your Onn Roku TV remote may not work due to a circuit breakdown. That will be considered as the malfunction of your remote system. In that case, you simply have to replace your TV remote. You can buy another remote from the store but you need to take down the model of your TV before going to the store.
If nothing else worked and your Onn Roku TV remote is damaged, Then you need to change your remote & buy a new Onn Roku TV remote. I’d recommend ordering these remotes directly from the Roku website. Cause Roku makes the compatibility of each device very clear.